On 28/10/16 16:11, Patrick Figel wrote:
> Some non-TLS-Server-Auth SHA-1 certificates chaining up to "Certum CA"
> (Asseco Data Systems S.A.). Most appear to be S/MIME or TLS client auth
> certificates, but I don't think the intermediates have any relevant
> technical constraints. I'm not sure if they're in scope for BRs/Mozilla,
> but here's the list in any case:
> https://crt.sh/?id=26427662&opt=cablint
> https://crt.sh/?id=32333872&opt=cablint
> https://crt.sh/?id=19594797&opt=cablint
> https://crt.sh/?id=24979702&opt=cablint

The scope of the BRs is debateable. These certs are clearly in scope for
Mozilla policy, as they chain up to trusted roots; however Mozilla
policy does not (yet) ban SHA-1 issuance other than via the BRs. This
may be fixed in policy version 2.3.

Without tls-server-auth and with other EKUs, these certs would not be
trusted in Firefox. The systemic risks from SHA-1 issuance remain, however.

Gerv