On October 30, 2016 8:39:55 PM GMT+08:00, "谭晓生" <tanxiaosh...@360.cn> wrote:
>Nothing compelled by the gov to trust the self-issued certificates.
>
>It is because some very large website like 12306.cn(the only one online
>entry to buy rail way tickets in China) and some government websites,
>they still using self-issued certificates, even we tried to offer free
>trusted certificates to them, they rejected.
>If a local browser try to block the access to these websites, user will
>force the browser to trust the self-issued certificates and complain,
>for the behavior training to end users, it is also an issue, user will
>used to trust the certificates which have a warning message by
>browsers, even there is a MITM attack, they still could not identify
>it.
>
>That’s the dilemma we have:
>Block the access to self-issued certificates, user will ignore and
>force trust the certificated, bad behavior training, user might change
>to competitor’s product.
>Do not block the access, there are possibility to do the MITM attack,
>the community complains.
>
>We already worked on a solution for a while and will release a report
>soon, hopefully to find a tradeoff between user experience and
>security.
>
>Thanks,
>Xiaosheng Tan
Hi, Tan.

I once visited my college webvpn website which is use self-signed certs, but
360 browser continued load which was shocked me. It is not a **government
website**(like your said 12306.cn), and I need know certs error.

As a Chinese netizen,  I don't think that browser should not tell users
something serious happened which some users may not know how to operate.

Sincerely,
He
--------
PGP key-id=0x12f3d9a31960c4d4
PGP key Fingerprint=C793 674B 8F3D A78E 5600 834D 408C 9364 0A6D 0519