On Sat, Oct 29, 2016 at 2:29 PM, Percy <percyal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So 400 million Chinese users[1] are left vulnerable to MITM by even a casual
> attacker and we cannot do anything about it!?

As stated previously, it is not for one browser to tell another how to
behave and the CA/Browser Forum explicitly cannot set requirements on
members for a number of reasons, including anti-trust concerns.

While probably not equivalent, this is not all that different from
software licensing discussions.  Each author of software can set
licensing terms as permitted by law; these terms might mean the
software qualifies as Free/Libre/Open Source Software (FLOSS) or they
may have requirements that meet other needs.  As I’m sure you are
aware, there are viewpoints that say that the only ethical stance is
only FLOSS and there are viewpoints that FLOSS is almost always wrong.
It is not for Mozilla to say that all browsers must be FLOSS (nor for
the CAB Forum to say such), even if one could argue that the only
option for a secure browser is for it to be FLOSS.

Thanks,
Peter