On Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 2:06:00 AM UTC-7, Gervase Markham wrote:
> On 04/11/16 21:23, Ryan Sleevi wrote:
> > If there's concerns about GAs - would it be best to reply on this thread or
> > start a new one per-CA?
>
> If there's more than one CA, perhaps a new one per CA would be better,
> please.

Well, mostly I'm trying to understand why you listed the following as "GA - EKU
but not serverAuth"
https://crt.sh/?cablint=211&iCAID=70&minNotBefore=2016-01-01&opt=cablint
https://crt.sh/?cablint=211&iCAID=104&minNotBefore=2016-01-01&opt=cablint

Even though the individual certs, such as
https://crt.sh/?id=39635446&opt=cablint or
https://crt.sh/?id=31394742&opt=cablint , have an EKU, their issuing CAs,
https://crt.sh/?caid=104&opt=cablint and https://crt.sh/?caid=70&opt=cablint ,
do not.

As noted elsewhere, the issuance of SHA-1 allows for an attacker to pivot the
contents of the certificates, and the only mitigation is the EKU on the sub-CA.

Are you suggesting this is GA because it wasn't clear enough to CA members at
the time this was issued? Because I can't help but feel that this particular
point was discussed at considerable length prior to these CA's issuances.