On 11/11/16 15:43, Nick Lamb wrote:
> My review (based on what I saw posted to CA/B mailing lists)
> suggested
> that there isn't active patent uncertainty at all for some Ballot 169
> methods. I would welcome more information if you have some.

Well, if previous IPR disclosures are, in fact, invalid, then we cannot
assume that they are complete.

> I saw documents citing patents which might be infringed by implementing
> methods
> 3.2.2.4.1 through 4, plus numbers 7 and 8. This leaves, seemingly unpatented
>
> 3.2.2.4.5 Domain Authorization Document
> 3.2.2.4.6 Agreed-Upon Change to Website
> 3.2.2.4.9 Test Certificate
> 3.2.2.4.10. TLS Using a Random Number

But even if they are complete, I believe this is incorrect - one CA
asked for method 9 to be moved from ballot 181 to ballot 182, implying
that they might perhaps have a patent that covered it.

Gerv