From: dev-security-policy
[mailto:dev-security-policy-bounces+jeremy.rowley=digicert.com@lists.mozilla
.org] On Behalf Of Man Ho (Certizen)
Sent: Monday, October 3, 2016 2:55 AM
To: Peter Bowen <pzbo...@gmail.com>
Cc: mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org
<dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org>
Subject: Re: Comodo issued a certificate for an extension

On 10/3/2016 11:50 AM, Peter Bowen wrote:
> 3.2.2.4.4, 3.2.2.4.6, 3.2.2.4.9, and 3.2.2.4.10 all use the newly
> defined "Authorization Domain Name", which should avoid this in the
> future.
Thank you for pointing me to those sections, but my confusion may be
starting from the definition of "Authorization Domain Name". Does it simply
mean one of the aliases of a FQDN that is specifically used to obtain
authorization for that FQDN? I think an example of "Authorization Domain
Name" could help me jump out from such abstraction of definition/term. Thank
you.

By simply reading the requirement, I feel that if I can create a CNAME
record to let "www.<example.com>" pointing to "<example.com>", and I prove
to a CA that I control the "www.<example.com>", then the CA should be able
to issue a certificate of "<example.com>" according to those sections,
correct?