On 22/11/16 20:16, j...@letsencrypt.org wrote:
> organization. Issuance to .mil is not allowed due to contractual
> obligations that are reflected in our Certification Practice
> Statement.

I have just been investigating this issue, as documented in the bug
Kathleen links to. Mozilla policy requires that certificates issued in
contravention of a CA's CP/CPS should be revoked, which LE have done.
Other than that, Mozilla policy does not directly require (somewhat to
my surprise) that a CA operate in accordance with its CP and CPS. We
require this indirectly because the audits that we require, require it.

So: should Mozilla's policy directly require that CAs operate in
accordance with the appropriate CP/CPS for the root(s) in our store? I
can see both pros and cons to directly mandating this.

Gerv