According to The Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy, letsencrypt.cn
seem use in bad faith.

On December 20, 2016 2:45:47 PM GMT+08:00, "谭晓生" <tanxiaosh...@360.cn> wrote:
>It is ICP license you talked about, you can find some information here:
>https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/209714777-ICP-FAQ
>
>It is almost impossible to register a .cn or .com.cn domain in China
>for a foreign company which do not have a legal entity in China,
>legally.
>The websites will be blocked for access by the ISP/Telco if the
>websites were hosted in China but do not have valid ICP licenses or
>even the IPs have not been registered to the government. if it is not
>that hard before, but it has more and more regulatory polices.

Yep. As far as I known, it must use the service of one of Chinese hosting
providers. Therefore, .cn domain name must point to Chinese IP adress.

On December 19, 2016 3:54:43 PM GMT+08:00, Han Yuwei <hanyuwe...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>Since letsencrypt.org is very famous, I think the best way is to
>redirect letsencrypt.com.cn and letsencrypt.cn to letsencrypt.org

And, It is disallowed redirecting to the website which haven't ICP license.

tanxiaosh...@360.cn wrote:
>For Letsencrypt, if you want to own the .cn or .com.cn domain legally,
>think of to set a legal entity in China.

I don't think it's a good idea. It may will take much time and money for
organization. And I think that Chinese government is not friendly to foreign
companies/organizations.