On Monday, 30 January 2017 11:10:00 UTC, Gervase Markham  wrote:
> Could you point is at the parts of the CPS or other documents which led
> you to that belief?

I examined a great many documents since Andrew's initial report. I think the
document which originally caused me to form this incorrect assumption was

CrossCert Certification Practice Statement
Version 3.8.8
Effective Date: JUNE 29, 2012

this file was available from
http://www.crosscert.com/symantec/certificationeng.pdf
and is linked from the 2016 WebTrust audit report for CrossCert

This document (which I will call CPS 3.8.8) contains a section 3.1.1 Type of
Names which asserts

"End-user Subscriber Certificates contain an X.501 distinguished name in the
Subject name field and consist of the components specified in Table 5 below."

Table 5 in CPS 3.8.8 says that the attribute Country (C) shall have the value
“KR” or not used.

It seemed to me that this document established that as a Relying Party I should
conclude an end entity certificate with C=BD is not from CrossCert. Perhaps
there's _another_ CPS somewhere else that says otherwise ?