On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 4:53 AM, Gervase Markham via dev-security-policy <

> On 11/04/17 22:08, Eric Mill wrote:
> > I'll leave it to others to opine on the severity of the mistake and the
> > quality of the response, but I do want to at least properly communicate
> the
> > impact.
>
> Thank you. I have updated my write-up for Issue L.

Great. I see one inaccuracy in the text there right now:

When this was drawn to their attention, Symantec did not revoke the
cross-sign certificate under discussion, instead allowing it to expire
(less than a month later).

The cross-signature was brought to Symantec's attention in mid-February
2016. The certificate expired at the end of July 2016. The current text
says "less than a month later".

I believe that "less than a month later" is meant to reference the time
between when Symantec obtained concurrence from the Federal PKI about
undoing the cross-signature, and when the certificate expired.

Identrust revoked their similar cross-signature in mid-late February, a
week or so after being notified of the issue by Richard Barnes (then of
Mozilla).

-- Eric

> Gerv

Eric Mill
Senior Advisor, Technology Transformation Service, GSA
eric.m...@gsa.gov, +1-617-314-0966