Jakob Bohm via dev-security-policy <dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org>
writes:

>Indeed, I strongly suspect Microsoft *customers* combined with Microsoft
>untrustworthiness (they officially closed their Trustworthy Computing
>initiative!) may be the major hold out, specifically:
>
>1. [...]

5. Microsoft has SHA-1 deeply hardcoded into their cert-management
   infrastructure, and in some places it can't be replaced.  For example their
   NDES cert management server replies to a SHA-2 request with a SHA-1
   response that can't be decrypted, implying that it's never even been tested
   with SHA-2.  If you submit an MD5 request then everything works as expected
   (as does SHA-1).

   That's MD5, in 2017.

Peter.