On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 11:24:54 AM UTC, Gervase Markham wrote:
> Well, such contacts are normally per CA rather than per root. I guess we
> could add it on the CA's entry.

Tbh, I'm not really familiar with your salesforce setup, I was just using this
as a stand-in for "place where CA can be made to keep it current". :-)

> Well, I want to make sure that people who want to report e.g. a bad cert
> found in the wild know where to go. This was triggered by an event where
> Microsoft wanted to report something to GoDaddy (IIRC) but using the
> wrong contact.

So the intent was really:

How can an external entity (= not the certificate owner or authorized party)
report a security issue, abuse scenario or policy violation with regards to
certificates you issued? Specifically, what contact email address or webpage
can be used to ensure a timely and competent response?

(plainly: how to reach "tech" or "compliance", not
sales/marketing/customer-support/general/...)

> > IMHO, a wiki page with manually copied info has a good chance to get
> > stale as CAs change their documents, websites, primary domains, etc.
>
> It's true, but the other option is "dig in my CP/CPS".

But there could be more "other options":

dig yourself << community collected and maintained info < CA verified community
info < info CAs are "forced" to maintain, policed by community

So I guess my second choice - after getting CAs to unbundle this specific info
from their pdfs and maintain it via the CCADB (or wherever else it makes sense)
- would be to go ahead with the manually created wiki page and make them
confirm it regularily via CA communications. Then there is still a degree of
accountability for the correctness.