I was not advocating "letting everyone decide".  I was advocating that
Mozilla show some restraint, intelligence and common sense in wielding
the new weapons that certlint and crt.sh have given us.

This shouldn't be race as to who wields the weapon first, forgiving CAs
only if they happen to report faster than some other newsgroup
participant.

This is similar to if a store boss gets a new surveillance camera in the
shop and sees that some employees are taking extra breaks when there are
few customers in the store.  It would be unreasonable for such a store
boss to discipline this with similar zeal as seeing some employees
genuinely steeling cash out of the register or selling stolen items out
of the back door.  Instead the fact that they work less when there is
less work to do should inspire reevaluation of any old rule that they
are not allowed to have a watercooler chat during work hours.

Now such a reevaluation might result in requiring them to use such
occasions to clean the floors or do some other chores (Mozilla equiv:
Deciding that the rule is important for good reason and needs to be
followed in the future) or it could result in relaxing the rule as
long as they stand ready the moment a customer arrives (Mozilla equiv:
Relaxing the requirement, initially just for Mozilla, later perhaps as a
BR change).

Dogmatically insisting on enforcing rules that were previously not
enforced due to lack of detection, just because "rules are rules" or
other such arguments seems overzealous.