I think you're largely objecting to a strawman, no one is proposing
revoking trust in any of these threads.

The only CAs that have ever had _any_ penalty applied to them have been for
grotesque abuse of the trust vested in them.

Alex

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 2:25 PM, Jakob Bohm via dev-security-policy <