Baseline Requirements section 7.1 says:

> Effective September 30, 2016, CAs SHALL generate non‐sequential Certificate
> serial numbers greater than zero (0) containing at least 64 bits of output
> from a CSPRNG.

There are 1027 unexpired unrevoked certificates known to CT with a notBefore
date greater than or equal to 2016-09-30 that are trusted by NSS for server
authentication and have a serial number that has less than 64 bits of entropy.

The full list can be found here: https://misissued.com/batch/6/

Some of these were brought up in a previous thread[0], but I though a
comprehensive picture of this issue would be helpful.

I’ve included a breakdown at the end of this email, and here are a few things
that stood out to me while researching this:

- The "Cihaz Sertifikası Hizmet Sağlayıcı - Sürüm 4” intermediate appears to
use randomly generated 48-bit numbers.
- Three intermediates, "TeleSec ServerPass Class 2 CA”, "Go Daddy Secure
Certificate Authority - G2”, and "Starfield Secure Certificate Authority - G2”,
(which are not in this list) appear to issue certificates with serial numbers
that are based on exactly 64 bits of entropy. This means that a small
percentage of the certificates that they issue have serial numbers that are
smaller than 8 bytes, requiring additional filtering to avoid false positives.
It would be helpful if the policy was adjusted to require serial numbers always
be at least 8 bytes before DER encoding to avoid these false positives.

Jonathan

[0]
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/mozilla.dev.security.policy/vl5eq0PoJxY/discussion

—

QuoVadis (560)
    Siemens Issuing CA Internet Server 2016 (560)

D-TRUST (224)
    D-TRUST SSL Class 3 CA 1 2009 (178)
    D-TRUST SSL Class 3 CA 1 EV 2009 (45)
    D-TRUST Root Class 3 CA 2 EV 2009 (1)

DigiCert (85)
    Siemens Issuing CA Class Internet Server 2013 (82)
    InfoCert Web Certification Authority (3)

Izenpe S.A. (62)
    EAEko Herri Administrazioen CA - CA AAPP Vascas (2) (62)

Government of The Netherlands, PKIoverheid (Logius) (55)
    Digidentity Services CA - G2 (55)

Government of Turkey, Kamu Sertifikasyon Merkezi (Kamu SM) (38)
    Cihaz Sertifikası Hizmet Sağlayıcı - Sürüm 4 (38)