Le lundi 18 septembre 2017 14:52:27 UTC+2, Ryan Sleevi a écrit :
> On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 8:12 AM, Inigo Barreira <>
> wrote:
> Then they misissued a CA certificate and failed to disclose it, and we
> should start an incident report into it.

Hello
In April 2017 the mozilla policy in force (v2.4) stated:
“The CA with a certificate included in Mozilla’s CA Certificate Program MUST
disclose this information before any such subordinate CA is allowed to issue
certificates.”

Our understanding in April was that as long as StartCom is not allowed by
Certinomis to issue EE certs, the disclosure was not mandated immediately.

This control that StartCom was not allowed to use our path was technical in
place by the fact that I was the only one to have the intermediate cross signed
certificates, stored (retained) in my personal safe.

As soon as Certinomis has authorized StartCom to use the path to our root, I
disclosed the certificates with the audit reports in the CCADB, and send the
certificates to Inigo.

May be I misunderstood the Mozilla requirements v2.4, and as I already said in
enforce the policy; I personally took care that StartCom could not be able to
use the path to our root until a full BR audit assessment report was provided.

Regards
Franck Leroy