Hi Gerv,

> On 28. Sep 2017, at 19:06, Gervase Markham via dev-security-policy
> <dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org> wrote:
>
> Is "1 year" not a relatively common (for some value of "common") setting
> for HPKP timeouts for sites which think they have now mastered HPKP?

We did a large-scale scan of about 200M domains for HPKP in April 2017.
We found a max-age median duration of 1 month and about 10% of domains that set
max-age values to 1 year or more.
I am attaching the plot. HPKP it missing, as it is very similar to HPKP|HSTS.
The associated paper will be camera-ready tomorrow, happy to share it then.

> Does anyone have stats on HPKP prevalence and duration distribution?
> Ideally combined with whether the longer time periods are pinning to
> roots, intermediates or EE certs?

We did not look into that, but it should be doable from the data.

Kind regards
Quirin