On 30/11/17 14:52, Ryan Sleevi wrote:
> I think that, as CAA deployment becomes common, this pattern will be
> not-uncommon. I would hope we don't sound false alarms when it does.

After a little time (as it does seem some bugs are still being shaken
out), I am considering having Mozilla adopt a policy either of:

a) not accepting CAA violation reports from people other than the owners
of the domain in question; or

b) automatically believing the CA if they post a log which shows their
view of the DNS at the time of issuance.

We could start with b), but if CAs get a high load of reports still, we
could move to a).

Gerv