Can you share what the working group has been brainstorming on?

Near as I can tell, this is a validly issued EV cert, for a valid KY
company. If "Stripe, Inc of Kentucky" were in a distinct industry from this
Stripe there wouldn't even be a trademark claim (I'm not a lawyer, etc.).

Lest anyone think "well, they should be able to tell if this was being used
maliciously", there's no reason a clever attacker couldn't make a fake
landing page for their fake Stripe, Inc, while sending phishing emails that
point to various other URLs, which show unrelated phishing contents.

Alex

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 2:14 PM, Tim Hollebeek via dev-security-policy <