I have been trying very hard to engage at the substance, but you keep
misunderstanding my statements and then answering that strawman.

So lets reiterate:

- I do not suggest assigning *liability* to the user.

- I do suggest *helping the user* make informed decisions of the kind
 that humans traditionally make in the offline world.  Decisions such as
 "does this look like a safe place to eat?".  "Does something look wrong
 about this?".

- I suggest that users *want to know* who the *real world entity* behind
 a website is before doing certain things in relationship to that real
 world entity (possibly through the website, possibly not).

- I suggest that the EV UI provides *useful information* to human users
 deciding if they want to interact with a real world entity.

- I suggest that EV certificates *do provide the warranties* listed in
 section 7.1 of the EV guidelines.

- I suggest that the exclusions in section 2.1.3 of the EV guidelines
 simply mean the CA does not judge or police companies, *only check
 their identities*. This does not contradict the section 7.1 warranties.

- I suggest that statistics about how little users understand the EV
 user interface and ecosystem do not provide any information about the
 practical usefulness of what little they do understand.  I do not claim
 to have statistics about that usefulness, which can only be measured
 from comparing real world events that are sufficiently similar, or by
 very carefully conducted behavioral experiments (not to be confused
 with A/B experiments on unwilling participants).