On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 01:40:35PM -0800, Matthew Hardeman via
dev-security-policy wrote:
> I'm not sure we need namespace separation for EV versus non-EV subresouces.
>
> The cause for this is simple:
>
> It is the main page resource at the root of the document which causes each
> sub-resource to be loaded.
>
> There is a "curatorship", if you will, engaged by the site author.  If
> there are sub-resources loaded in, whether they are EV or not, it is the
> root page author's place to "take responsibility" for the contents of the
> DV or EV validated sub-resources that they cause to be loaded.

Oh, if only that were true -- then every site that embedded a third-party ad
network that served up malware could be done under the CFAA, and the world
would be a much, much better place.

But it isn't, and your "curatorship" model of the web, whilst a lovely idea,
is completely unsupported by reality.

- Matt