On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 6:03 PM, Paul Kehrer via dev-security-policy <

> So, how long is too long?

This is the crux of the issue for me. If a CA (that really should have
stopped responding 'good' for unknown certs back in 2013) needs to select,
purchase, and deploy an entirely new OCSP system, is 5 months a really long
time? From their perspective, probably not.

I don't believe there is a standard answer to this question that can apply
to a whole class of issues, but I do think we could do a better job of
communicating our expectations when a situation like this arises by making
a statement such as 'being a CA that has been granted the public's trust,
Mozilla expects problem X to be resolved in Y days'. Responsible CAs will
meet the deadline and thus distinguish themselves from CAs that simply
aren't taking the problem seriously.

Wayne