Nobody is blocking any country from advancing.  There are no Mozilla rules
that prevent any country from having the best CA on the planet.  If a bunch
of penguins at McMurdo station run an awesome CA, I'll ask some hard
questions about how they meet the OCSP requirements with their limited
bandwidth, but if they have good answers, I'm fine with internet security
now being penguins all the way down.

If you want your certificates to be accepted everywhere on the planet, you
need to follow the same rules as everyone else on the planet.  No fast
tracks
or special rules for anyone, no matter how special they feel they are.

The same rules for everyone is the only sane route forward.  Governments
often believe they deserve special treatment, and they may have the ability
to force that to be true within their own country, but that doesn't make it
a good idea for Mozilla.

-Tim

CA.

> I have been one of those guys that developped IT communities for more than
7
> years in Tunisia, starting by Tunandroid (Tunisian Android Community),
Google
> Developers Groups, organized the best Software Freedom Day in 2012,
> supported local Mozilla Community 2013-2014, GDG Country Champion in
> Tunisia 2012-2014 and represented the IT community in law projects to help
> developing the local ecosystem since 2013 and still.
>
> The reason why I am telling you this is to assure you that I perfectly
understand
> what a community is about: helping each others, making things better and
> sharing knowledge. Things have always been inclusive.
>
> The Tunisian national digital certification agency has been under pressure
for
> more then 3 years to have its CA certificates recognized by Mozilla and
they did
> all which is possible to do to have the best security standards when they
got
> audited and criticized and they have alwyas been very reactive.
>
> I would highlight that we are speaking here about a national CA which is
> completely different from any other type of agencies. We are speaking
about
> blocking a whole country from advancing.
>
> It's already unacceptable to have such long process for country CA, if we
have
> to fail and restart we have to fail quickly because time is very valuable.
We
> [...]
> > prolonged pattern of issues - and the criteria - namely, that CAs
> > should adhere to the policy in requesting inclusion. A strict
> > adherence to those objectives would be to fully deny the request. It
> > sounds like where we disagree, then, is not in the objective facts and
> > criteria, but rather, where the evaluation of that leaves relative to
risk.

> > The position I am advocating is that, even if these individual matters
> > might be seen as less risky, especially, as has been mentioned, this
> > CA is "only" intended for .tn for the most case, the existence of such
> > a pattern (and the means of acknowledging-but-not-resolving-completely
> > these issues) is indicative that there will continue to be serious
> > issues, and that the risk is not simply limited to .tn, but threatens
> > global Internet stability and security. Given that the number of
> > certificates being issued are, from your own descriptions, aimed to be
> > measured in the hundreds, further highlights that the risk is rather
> substantial.
> >
> > On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 2:14 AM, Anis via dev-security-policy <
> > dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Ryan
> > > I am so sorry but is the same error.
> > > CN NAME NOT INCLUDE IN THE SAN
> > > Local IP ADRESS
> > > Policy not upto date ....
> > > Is clear for me and i understand.
> > > All this error became from approuved authority. Is the risk no.
> > > Then The ecosystem is not protected!!!!!
> > > ANIS
> > >
> https://clicktime.symantec.com/a/1/SIE5l2_N73ITS6JLILauNCMnmHnZxaKgs
> > >
> B01Two7VeY=?d=_v7KIjMsihDpLSiLJBAouCL3n_o9AK9VmyEb8nG9Z6gdhNh7Je
> RjHh
> > > 4qQ-
> OkZhRzqc_LUyI5vA9nghhhxTQxpmNGZCpSdBDmXod6aFvNzmG8ktYaF2q-
> Qmwfb_
> > >
> hdD5G7WxIEEJYkOVWJtCVGnyYl4DYpItqhBt0_Spz4X3UrDsaE6fDsXoeWpIrAn2
> qtCx
> > > IGVYGc88xGz0AavDxY-Kk0dOryc8KT6eeUumJHpgi--
> TH7yOuC30DzNBDRR0DQ4OkLgL
> > > blPHsYqV9AyzTt51I8fipD7X-_VDXq-pBCO9ThUQKAy3HofPSZWmSYwzlT-
> okF7gL-83
> > > V1pdtjN1Zv-eJjBDGaUiulNrIXzrrD_zsO2mpWSnZw_cXUFHx-
> dEMC9hteXMj9MuVDQR
> > > 8xNV-
> b9wLkiki2ABTG5srScX9qnFYdkQyEJ2uAIgg8l5p6LenynXdVYGqZPbQORbkf&u
> > > =https%3A%2F%2Flists.mozilla.org%2Flistinfo%2Fdev-security-policy

> 01Two7VeY=?d=_v7KIjMsihDpLSiLJBAouCL3n_o9AK9VmyEb8nG9Z6gdhNh7JeR
> jHh4qQ-
> OkZhRzqc_LUyI5vA9nghhhxTQxpmNGZCpSdBDmXod6aFvNzmG8ktYaF2q-
> Qmwfb_hdD5G7WxIEEJYkOVWJtCVGnyYl4DYpItqhBt0_Spz4X3UrDsaE6fDsXoe
> WpIrAn2qtCxIGVYGc88xGz0AavDxY-Kk0dOryc8KT6eeUumJHpgi--
> TH7yOuC30DzNBDRR0DQ4OkLgLblPHsYqV9AyzTt51I8fipD7X-_VDXq-
> pBCO9ThUQKAy3HofPSZWmSYwzlT-okF7gL-83V1pdtjN1Zv-
> eJjBDGaUiulNrIXzrrD_zsO2mpWSnZw_cXUFHx-dEMC9hteXMj9MuVDQR8xNV-
> b9wLkiki2ABTG5srScX9qnFYdkQyEJ2uAIgg8l5p6LenynXdVYGqZPbQORbkf&u=h
> ttps%3A%2F%2Flists.mozilla.org%2Flistinfo%2Fdev-security-policy

        • Re: TunRootCA... Paul Kehrer via dev-security-policy
        • Re: TunRootCA... syrine.tl--- via dev-security-policy
          • Re: TunRo... Ryan Sleevi via dev-security-policy
          • Re: TunRo... syrine.tl--- via dev-security-policy
            • Re: ... Ryan Sleevi via dev-security-policy
          • Re: TunRo... Anis via dev-security-policy
            • Re: ... Ryan Sleevi via dev-security-policy
            • Re: ... Anis via dev-security-policy
              • ... Ryan Sleevi via dev-security-policy
              • ... taher.mestiri--- via dev-security-policy
              • ... Tim Hollebeek via dev-security-policy
              • ... taher.mestiri--- via dev-security-policy
              • ... Tim Hollebeek via dev-security-policy
              • ... Ryan Sleevi via dev-security-policy
              • ... syrine.tl--- via dev-security-policy
              • ... okaphone.elektronika--- via dev-security-policy
              • ... Wayne Thayer via dev-security-policy
  • Re: TunRootCA2 root inclus... Olfa Kaddachi via dev-security-policy
  • Re: TunRootCA2 root inclus... Anis via dev-security-policy