As I didn't write the blog post, I certainly can't speak to the
intent

The intent of the blog post was to let folks know about an error they may encounter when Firefox 60 goes into Beta. And to have a place to point folks to if they run into the error and ask about it.

It was *not* our intent to imply any deviation from the consensus proposal.

If clarification is needed, let's update the wiki page to add it:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA/Additional_Trust_Changes#Symantec

Please let me and Wayne know what changes you think should be made to the wiki page to clarify the changes.

Thanks,
Kathleen