Hi Ryan!

The "multiple perspective validations" is an interesting idea. Did you think
about combining it with CAA checking? I could imagine having a new tag, e.g.
"allowedMethods", in which the legitimate owner of  a domain can specify the
set of allowed methods to validate his domain. As an example the value
"(3.2.2.4.1 AND 3.2.2.4.5) OR 3.2.2.4.9" in the new "allowedMethods" tag could
mean, that a certificate may only be issued, if two validations acc. 3.2.2.4.1
and 3.2.2.4.1 were successful or if one validation acc. 3.2.2.4.9 was
successful. Any other method of validation would be not allowed. I see here the
benefit, that the owner of a domain can choose how to verify according his
business needs and select the appropriate level of security for his domains.

With best regards,
Rufus Buschart

Siemens AG
Information Technology
Human Resources
PKI / Trustcenter
GS IT HR 7 4
Hugo-Junkers-Str. 9
90411 Nuernberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 1522 2894134
mailto:rufus.busch...@siemens.com
www.twitter.com/siemens

www.siemens.com/ingenuityforlife

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Jim Hagemann
Snabe; Managing Board: Joe Kaeser, Chairman, President and Chief Executive
Officer; Roland Busch, Lisa Davis, Klaus Helmrich, Janina Kugel, Cedrik Neike,
Michael Sen, Ralf P. Thomas; Registered offices: Berlin and Munich, Germany;
Commercial registries: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, Munich, HRB 6684;
WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 23691322