On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 08:00:59AM +0000, Jeremy Rowley via dev-security-policy
wrote:
> I think pretty much every ca will accept a signed file in lieu of an
> actual key.

You'd rather hope so.  If there are any CAs out there who *wouldn't* accept
a signature from the private key as proof of compromise it would be
interesting to hear from them as to why they don't believe that constitutes
proof of compromise.

> Generally provide the key just means some proof of compromise the ca can
> replicate.

Indeed.  The disagreement is around what constitutes "proof" and how much
effort the CA is willing to go to to perform the replication.

- Matt