Hello Kurt!

We don't fill in the CN of a certificate. We verify that in the CSR of the
customer the subject:CommonName is part of the extensions:subjectAltName (as
required in BRGs 7.1.4.2.2.a). So we would only issue a certificate with:

{
CN = xn--gau-7ka.siemens.de
SAN = xn--gau-7ka.siemens.de, gauss.siemens.de
}

but not with

{
CN = gauß.siemens.de
SAN = xn--gau-7ka.siemens.de, gauss.siemens.de
}

And technically I don't see any reason why someone would want to have a
certificate with CN = gauß.siemens.de, as the unicode URL gauß.siemens.de is
only of interest in the address bar of the browser and they perform the IDNA
conversion.

With best regards,
Rufus Buschart

Siemens AG
Information Technology
Human Resources
PKI / Trustcenter
GS IT HR 7 4
Hugo-Junkers-Str. 9
90411 Nuernberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 1522 2894134
mailto:rufus.busch...@siemens.com
www.twitter.com/siemens

www.siemens.com/ingenuityforlife

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Jim Hagemann
Snabe; Managing Board: Joe Kaeser, Chairman, President and Chief Executive
Officer; Roland Busch, Lisa Davis, Klaus Helmrich, Janina Kugel, Cedrik Neike,
Michael Sen, Ralf P. Thomas; Registered offices: Berlin and Munich, Germany;
Commercial registries: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, Munich, HRB 6684;
WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 23691322