This thread is full of strong policy reasons why DarkMatter’s intermediates
should no longer be trusted. Those reasons alone would be enough for
expeditious action. The risks to users discovered from recent reporting
reinforces them.

I hope we don’t see too long of a delay before the root stores commit to
removing DarkMatter’s intermediates and rejecting any root applications. The
delays around Symantec’s removal, I believe, taught us that lingering makes
migrations harder, not easier, and put more people at risk.

This is especially true when dealing with an organization that is unable to
respond productively to easily verifiable errors.

If an organization was sending threats (especially bogus ones) in response to
public discussion, that would make expeditious action more necessary, not less.
Delay tactics like bogus threats are a signal that trust is untenable.

I look forward to hearing what the root store maintainers will be doing!