As of 9pm AZ on 3/6/2019 GoDaddy started researching the 64bit certificate
Serial Number issue. We have identified a significant quantity of certificates
(> 1.8million) not meeting the 64bit serial number requirement. We are still
performing accounting so certificate quantity is expected to change before we
finalize the report.

1.      How your CA first became aware of the problem (e.g. via a problem
report submitted to your Problem Reporting Mechanism, a discussion in
mozilla.dev.security.policy, a Bugzilla bug, or internal self-audit), and the
time and date.

9pm 3/6/2019 AZ Time, due to reviewing a discussion in
mozilla.dev.security.policy.

2.      A timeline of the actions your CA took in response. A timeline is a
date-and-time-stamped sequence of all relevant events. This may include events
before the incident was reported, such as when a particular requirement became
applicable, or a document changed, or a bug was introduced, or an audit was
done.

9pm 3/6/2019 AZ Time, identified a hot issue with serial numbers in Mozilla
group.
10am 3/7/2019 AZ Time, identified the issue was pervasive, and identified root
cause.
6:30pm 3/7/2019 AZ Time, fix deployed to production to correct the serial
number issue.
We are still quantifying and classifying the certificate scope of impact.

3.      Whether your CA has stopped, or has not yet stopped, issuing
certificates with the problem. A statement that you have will be considered a
pledge to the community; a statement that you have not requires an explanation.

We have deployed a fix to the issue, and are no longer issuing certificates
with the defect.

4.      A summary of the problematic certificates. For each problem: number of
certs, and the date the first and last certs with that problem were issued.

Issue was introduced with a change in 2016. Impacted certificates still being
aggregated. Will update with information and timeline on issue closure.

5.      The complete certificate data for the problematic certificates. The
recommended way to provide this is to ensure each certificate is logged to CT
and then list the fingerprints or crt.sh IDs, either in the report or as an
attached spreadsheet, with one list per distinct problem.

Still being aggregated. Will update with certificate information on issue
closure.

6.      Explanation about how and why the mistakes were made or bugs
introduced, and how they avoided detection until now.

Ambiguity in language led to different interpretations of BR 7.1. It was
believed a unsigned 64bit integer was sufficient to satisfy the new
requirement. Additionally, industry tools like CABLint/ZLint were not catching
this issue, which provided a false sense of compliance. We are submitting
CABLint/Zlint updates as part of the fix.

7.      List of steps your CA is taking to resolve the situation and ensure
such issuance will not be repeated in the future, accompanied with a timeline
of when your CA expects to accomplish these things.

Defect has been resolved, we are also updating linting tools (CABLint/Zlint)
and upstreaming to patch for other peoples usage.