On 07/03/2019 23:02, Ryan Sleevi wrote:
Do you believe there is new information or insight you’re providing from
the last time this was discussed and decided?

For example:
https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!searchin/mozilla.dev.security.policy/Government$20CAs/mozilla.dev.security.policy/JP1gk7atwjg

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!searchin/mozilla.dev.security.policy/Government$20CAs/mozilla.dev.security.policy/tr_PDVsZ6-k

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!searchin/mozilla.dev.security.policy/Government$20CAs/mozilla.dev.security.policy/qpwFbcRfBmk

I included the search query in the URL, so that you can examine for
yourself what new insight or information is being provided. I may have
missed some salient point in your message, but I didn’t see any new insight
or information that warranted revisiting such discussion.

In the spirit of
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/forums/etiquette/ , it may be best to
let sleeping dogs lie here, rather than continuing this thread. However, if
you feel there has been some significant new information that’s been
overlooked, perhaps you can clearly and succinctly highlight that new
information.

I was stating that the the very specific discussion that recently
unfolded (and which I promised not to mention by name in this thread)
has contained very many opinions on the topic.  In fact, the majority of
posts by others have circled on either the entropy issue or this very issue of what criteria and procedures should be used for trusting
national CAs and if those criteria should be changed.

Your own posts on Feb 28, 2019 13:54 UTC and Mar 4, 2019 16:31 UTC were
among those posts, as were posts by hackurx, Alex Gaynor, nadim, Wayne Thayer, Kristian Fiskerstrand and Mathew Hardeman.

I took care not to state what decisions should be made, merely to
summarize the issues in a clear and seemingly non-controversial way,
trying to be inclusive of the opinions stated by all sides.  If there
are additional points on the topic that I forgot or that may arise later
in the specific discussion, they can and should be added such that there
will be a useful basis for discussion of whatever should or should not
be done long term, once the specific single case has been handled.

I did not wake this sleeping dog, it was barking and yanking its chain
all week.

Enjoy

Jakob