-----Original Message-----
From: dev-security-policy <dev-security-policy-boun...@lists.mozilla.org> On
Behalf Of Ryan Sleevi via dev-security-policy
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 8:03 PM
To: Peter Gutmann <pgut...@cs.auckland.ac.nz>
Cc: mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org; Richard Moore
<richmoor...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Pre-Incident Report - GoDaddy Serial Number Entropy

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 6:09 PM Peter Gutmann via dev-security-policy <

> Richard Moore via dev-security-policy <
> dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org> writes:
>
> >If any other CA wants to check theirs before someone else does, then
> >now
> is
> >surely the time to speak up.
>
> I'd already asked previously whether any CA wanted to indicate
> publicly that they were compliant with BR 7.1, which zero CAs
> responded to (I counted them twice).  This means either there are very
> few CAs bothering with
> dev-security-
> policy, or they're all hunkering down and hoping it'll blow over,
> which given that they're going to be forced to potentially carry out
> mass revocations would be the game-theoretically sensible approach to
> take:

To be fair, this is not an either/or proposition. The third option is that
they could be ignoring you specifically, which may not be an unreasonable
position, game-theoretically speaking of course.