On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 3:35 PM Daymion Reynolds via dev-security-policy <

> > On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 8:17:00 PM UTC-4, Daymion Reynolds wrote:
> >
> > > In accordance with our conversations to date, prior to 3/7 6:30pm AZ
> we utilized raw 64 bit output from CSPRING, with uniqueness and non zero
> checks. This new understanding of the rules calls for us to modify our
> original disclosure to 0 affected certificates.
>
> Please read through earlier posts discussing this.

Daymion,

I was hoping you could respond more. I think based on the discussion on the
list to date, it's actually not clear that GoDaddy was compliant (as noted
in [1]), and Adam's response seems to support that.

A filtering algorithm that "returns 64 random bits from a CSPRNG with at
least one bit in the highest byte set to 1" is fairly ambiguous. If you're
returning 64 random bits AND a byte with at least one bit set to one,
that's different than returning 64 random bits and discarding values which
don't have a bit in the high byte set to one.

[1]
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla.dev.security.policy/S2KNbJSJ-hs/ydp17Nz7BgAJ

[2]
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla.dev.security.policy/S2KNbJSJ-hs/2UIea4fyBgAJ