On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 8:09 AM fchassery--- via dev-security-policy <

> Dear Wayne,
>
> I’m not arguing that signing the new Startom root was a mistake.In fact,
> as soon as we were told, we backed off.
> Our understanding at that time was that the remediation plan had been
> fully implemented. But the Mozilla staff did not agree and had another
> interpretation of the situation.
> I do not know how or when a distortion was introduced between Franck’s
> exchange with the Mozilla staff and our action.
> But there was no intent to circumvent the Mozilla plan, and we corrected
> it immediately when we were asked to do so.
> That is why I do not understand why this subject is included in the
> present discussions: if there has been an error, it is a past error,
> corrected in the past and on which no further action is possible.

The answer can be found on our Maintenance and Enforcement wiki page under
the Recurring Issues section [1], which states (in part) "Mozilla considers
the totality of known issues and patterns of behavior in a CA's response to
those issues."

[1] https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA/Maintenance_and_Enforcement#Recurring_Issues

At a minimum it should only be recalled as a problem that has been solved.