In fairness, I think Mozilla essentially stipulated that this reason was
given little or no weight in the decision.

Specifically Wayne Thayer noted at [1]:

Some of this discussion has revolved around compliance issues, the most
prominent one being the serial number entropy violations discovered by
Corey Bonnell. While these issues would certainly be a consideration when
evaluating a root inclusion request, they are not sufficient to have
triggered an investigation aimed at revoking trust in the DarkMatter
intermediates or QuoVadis roots. Therefore, they are not relevant to the
question at hand.

I certainly am not trying to divine something that's not there, but "not
relevant to the question at hand" fairly strongly suggests "was not a
factor in the decision".

[1]:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla.dev.security.policy/nnLVNfqgz7g/TseYqDzaDAAJ

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 4:12 PM Nadim Kobeissi via dev-security-policy <