So far I see is a number of contrived test cases picking apart small components
of EV, and no real data to back it up.  Mostly academic or irrelevant research,
imho.  Here are a couple of links posted in this thread:

https://www.typewritten.net/writer/ev-phishing/: This post is intended for a
technical audience interested in how an EV SSL certificate can be used as an
effective phishing device <but no evidence this is a real world security
concern>

https://stripe.ian.sh/: EV certificates with colliding entity names can be
generated, but to date, I don’t know of any real attacks, just this academic
exercise. And how much did it cost and how long did it Ian to get certificates
to perform this experiment?  Way more time and money that a phisher would
invest.

https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/HEAD/docs/security/ev-to-page-info.md
 references a number of studies. But none of them indicated that EV was bad or
misleading or was a detriment to security, and a number of the references
weren’t even related to EV (including irrelevant research links to bolster
their claims to the uninformed)

I haven’t been counting the number of pro and cons emails, but there are a
significant number of organizations questioning the changes by Google and
Mozilla.  Mozilla and Google should reconsider their proposed changes.

Yes, I work for a CA that issues EV certificates, but if there was no value in
them, then our customers would certainly not be paying extra for them.
Shouldn’t the large enterprises that see a value in identity (as does
GlobalSign) drive the need for ending EV certificates?  With Google and Mozilla
being prominent Lets Encrypt sponsors we know their intent is to drive business
to them vs. any of the commercially respectable CAs.  It’s actually counter
productive to security to sponsor a CA that issues so many certificates to
phishing and malware sites without any consequences.  Is this to increase the
value of their malware site detection services?  Maybe..

*       https://www.usenix.org/system/files/soups2019-drury.pdf
*
https://cabforum.org/wp-content/uploads/23.-Update-on-London-Protocol.pdf

Baffled…