I read Jeremy’s last response before posting my comment.

Dear Ryan,

It would help a great deal, if you tone down your constant insults towards the
entire CA world. Questioning whether you should trust any CA is a bridge too
far.

Instead, why don’t you try to focus on specific issues with specific CAs, or
specific issues with most CAs. I don’t think you have a specific issue with
every CA in the world.

If specific CAs fail to do what you think is appropriate for browser vendors,
perhaps you need to implement new, or improve existing audits? Propose
solutions, implement checks and execute better reviews. Then iterate until
everyone gets it right.

I could write a book on how Google is the least “trustworthy” browser vendor on
the planet. I could write another book about how Google is constantly
contradicting its own advice and best practices. One example is where Google
tells us to focus on the part of the URL that matters most - the domain name.
But over here we have AMP, where URLs go to die a slow painful death within
Google’s closed system, adding no value to the world outside of advertising.
The list is endless when it comes to the lack of respect for people’s privacy
from *some* browser vendors. Not all browsers are evil. Not all CAs are evil.

So, please can you get off your high horse and stick to facts and propose
solutions instead of constantly making personal insults and bringing up
problems without implementing new processes to address same.

Can we just keep in mind that we’re all trying to do our job. No company is
perfect. No process is perfect. No technology solution is perfect.

Peace!

- Paul

p.s. I don’t work for a CA and never have. And I believe there are many
weaknesses that could can should be better addressed.