All,

I've drafted a new email and survey that I plan to send to all CAs in the
Mozilla program in early January. it focuses on compliance with the new
(2.7) version of our Root Store Policy. I will appreciate your review and
feedback on the draft:
https://ccadb-public.secure.force.com/mozillacommunications/CACommunicationSurveySample?CACommunicationId=a051J00003waNOW

Note that two deadlines have been added to the communication:
* Action 3 specifies that CAs must agree to update their CP/CPS, if needed
to comply, prior to April 1, 2020. This is intended to prevent responses
that we have found unacceptable in the past, e.g. waiting for an annual
audit before updating the CP/CPS.
* Action 5 requires CAs with failed Intermediate ALV results to publish a
plan to correct these problems no later than Feb 15, 2020. Kathleen
announced that we have begun validating audit letters for intermediate
certificates back in October [1], and the requirement for audit statements
to contain the SHA256 fingerprint of each root and intermediate certificate
that was in scope of the audit dates back to 2017. CAs should have already
taken action to resolve these issues, so this deadline is intended to
convey the need for an immediate response.

- Wayne

[1]
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla.dev.security.policy/M7NGwCh14DI/ZPDMRvDzBQAJ