> Some tests were performed by Paul van Brouwershaven
> > https://gist.github.com/vanbroup/84859cd10479ed95c64abe6fcdbdf83d.
>
> As mentioned, those tests weren’t correct. I’ve provided sample test cases
> to several other browser vendors, and heard back or demonstrated that
> they’re vulnerable. As are the majority of open-source TLS libraries with
> support for OCSP.

Ryan, you made a statement about a bug in Golang, the test case linked by
Dimitris was about the follow-up tests I did with certutil and
Test-Certificate in powershell.

As follow up to Dimitris comments I tested the scenario where a
sibling issuing CA [ICA 2] with the OCSP signing EKU (but without
digitalSignature KU) under [ROOT] would sign a revoked OCSP response for
[ICA] also under [ROOT]
https://gist.github.com/vanbroup/84859cd10479ed95c64abe6fcdbdf83d

I was actually surprised to see that certutil fails to validate decode the
OCSP response in this scenario. But this doesn't say it's not a problem as
other responders or versions might accept the response.

I will try to perform the same test on Mac in a moment.
              • R... Pedro Fuentes via dev-security-policy
              • R... Ryan Sleevi via dev-security-policy
              • R... Pedro Fuentes via dev-security-policy
              • R... Ryan Sleevi via dev-security-policy
              • R... Pedro Fuentes via dev-security-policy
              • R... Dimitris Zacharopoulos via dev-security-policy
              • R... Ryan Sleevi via dev-security-policy
              • R... Dimitris Zacharopoulos via dev-security-policy
              • R... Ryan Sleevi via dev-security-policy
              • R... Dimitris Zacharopoulos via dev-security-policy
              • R... Paul van Brouwershaven via dev-security-policy
              • R... Dimitris Zacharopoulos via dev-security-policy
              • R... Paul van Brouwershaven via dev-security-policy
              • R... Rob Stradling via dev-security-policy
              • R... Rob Stradling via dev-security-policy
              • R... Sebastian Nielsen via dev-security-policy
  • Re: SECURITY RELEVANT FOR C... Ben Wilson via dev-security-policy
  • RE: SECURITY RELEVANT FOR C... Arvid Vermote via dev-security-policy
  • Re: SECURITY RELEVANT FOR C... zxzxzx66669--- via dev-security-policy