I’m not sure how that answered my question? Nothing about the post seems to
be about phishing, which is not surprising, since certificates have nothing
to do with phishing, but your response just talks more about phishing.

It seems you may be misinterpreting “security risks” as “phishing“, since
you state they’re interchangeable. Just like Firefox’s sandbox isn’t about
phishing, nor is the same-origin policy about phishing, nor is Rust’s
memory safety about phishing, it seems like certificate security is also
completely unrelated to phishing, and the “security risks” unrelated to
phishing.