On Saturday, October 3, 2020 at 5:16:41 PM UTC-4, Ryan Sleevi wrote:
> 1. Is it expected that there will be similar system and/or infrastructure
> migrations as part of this? Sectigo's foresight of "no effect on its
> operations" leaves it a bit ambiguous whether this is meant as "practical"
> effect (e.g. requiring a change of CP/CS or effective policies) or whether
> this is meant as no "operational" impact (e.g. things will change, but
> there's no disruption anticipated). It'd be useful to frame this response
> in terms of any anticipated changes at all (from mundane, like updating the
> logos on the website, to significant, such as any procedure/equipment
> changes), rather than observed effects.

Sorry if our earlier message wasn’t clear. We foresee no disruptions,
challenges, or special needs owing to the change of control. We anticipate no
meaningful changes required to policies, operations, or personnel. This change
of control is fundamentally different from the Comodo CA carve-out in that
there is exactly one going-forward concern. When we broke away from Comodo
Group, we had to disentangle systems, data, processes, offices, web sites,
employee responsibilities, vendor relationships, contracts, and more.  In this
case the required changes are virtually nothing. Our new ownership expects us
to continue the arc the company is on now, including service offerings, brands,
sites, etc.

> 2. Is there a risk that such an acquisition might further reduce the crew
> of employees to an even smaller number? Perhaps not immediately, but over
> time, say the next two years, such as "eliminating redundancies" or
> "streamlining operations"? I recognize that there's an opportunity such an
> acquisition might allow for greater investment and/or scale, and so don't
> want to presume the negative, but it would be good to get a clear
> commitment as to that, similar to other acquisitions in the past (e.g.
> Symantec CA operations by DigiCert)

There is nothing to suggest that such cuts are coming.  The reason the company
that’s now called Sectigo started with what we described as a skeleton crew is
that many employees who had been sometime contributors to the CA business wound
up staying behind with Comodo Group.  We more than doubled the size of the
company in the first year as we recruited to fill those gaps.  By way of
example, of the ten executives listed on our Leadership page, only two of them
were part of the business prior to the carve-out.

Once again, this time is radically different.  We have been growing in revenue
and headcount, and there is no reason to expect any kind of contraction.  The
new ownership at GI Partners has expressed the desire to see our continued
growth, and we expect them to make the appropriate investments to fuel that.
We have not had and do not anticipate any layoffs, “streamlining,” etc. as part
of this change of control.