On 2020-10-15 00:16, Kathleen Wilson wrote:
The text version has been updated to have each line limited to 64 characters.

Text:

https://ccadb-public.secure.force.com/mozilla/IncludedRootsPEMTxt?TrustBitsInclude=Websites

https://ccadb-public.secure.force.com/mozilla/IncludedRootsPEMTxt?TrustBitsInclude=Email

CSV:
https://ccadb-public.secure.force.com/mozilla/IncludedRootsPEMCSV?TrustBitsInclude=Websites

https://ccadb-public.secure.force.com/mozilla/IncludedRootsPEMCSV?TrustBitsInclude=Email

1. The reports that contain /only/ PEM data.  I argue that the
traditional format of concatenated PEM files (as used by e.g. the
openssl command line tool) without CSV embellishments would be
preferable, and that the reports in the latest post by Kathleen
lacked the PEM line wrapping while still containing CSV
artifacts.

Jakob, please explain what you mean by "still containing CSV artifacts". Does the new version of the text report have the problem?

Only the CSV form now contains CSV artifacts.  And it isn't really CSV
either (even if Microsoft Excel handles it).

2. The reports that contain other data in CSV format.  ...

Opening the CSV version of the reports in Excel and Numbers works fine for me. So I don't understand what the problem is with having this report be a direct extract of the PEM data that the CCADB has for each root certificate.

However, it might also be reasonable that if these concerns aren't easily
addressable, perhaps not offering the feed is another option, since it
seems a lot of work for something that should be and is naturally
discouraged.

It's not a lot of work, just a matter of understanding what is most useful to folks.

I think it would be good to have downstreams using current data, e.g. data published directly via the CCADB. I think that providing the data in an easily consumable format is better than having folks extract the data from certdata.txt.

Thanks,
Kathleen

Enjoy

Jakob