One potential approach would be to make it so that issuances after July 1,
2021 require a validation no more than 398 days old. The currently-proposed
wording ("verify that each dNSName or IPAddress is current and correct at
intervals of 398 days or less") lends itself to that interpretation, it
just needs to be applied to issuances rather than validations. I would
propose wording like:

5.  verify that all of the information that is included in SSL certificates
remains current and correct at intervals of 825 days or less;
5.1. for SSL certificates issued on or after July 1, 2021, verify that each
dNSName or IPAddress is current and correct at intervals of 398 days or
less;

Aaron

On Wed, Dec 2, 2020 at 1:22 PM Ben Wilson via dev-security-policy <