Hi Ryan,

I included the remediation plan in the proposal because a CA will mostly
always include a remediation plan when they reach the stage of serious
non-compliance investigation by root store policy owners. The first
remediation plan is always a draft version as it's updated as the
discussion is ongoing. Take the recent discussion for example, the
remediation plan is version 5 which seems to be the final version.

New evidence does sometimes appear in public discussions about the CA that
wasn't found or documented earlier and I included that in the proposal as
requests for additional information.

I do agree that CAs who reach the stage of non-compliance investigation
should submit new roots.

Thank you

Burton