On March 10, 2021, we began the public discussion period [Step 4 of the
Mozilla Root Store CA Application Process
<https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA/Application_Process>] for ANF’s inclusion
request.

One commenter recounted some of ANF's certificate misissuance events and
expressed concern that CAs trusted in the Mozilla program must provide
"assurance to its users that they won't be harmed by the CA" and "a CA
which has lax technical controls, a poor understanding of PKI, and an
inability to learn from and improve when mistakes are made is at heightened
risk of exploitation by malicious actors that would harm Mozilla users."  ANF
responded
<https://groups.google.com/g/mozilla.dev.security.policy/c/MLyRWsLHAdA/m/pC3tDsAtCAAJ>
that it fully understood the context and seriousness of such matters.  This
was followed with additional concerns expressed by the commenter
<https://groups.google.com/g/mozilla.dev.security.policy/c/MLyRWsLHAdA/m/njDu-WUxCQAJ>,
and additional responses from ANF
<https://groups.google.com/g/mozilla.dev.security.policy/c/MLyRWsLHAdA/m/l-ea6y15CQAJ>
.

Another community member asked about ANF's explanations of its domain
validation procedures and possible gaps / insecure implementations in those
domain validation processes.  ANF responded
<https://groups.google.com/g/mozilla.dev.security.policy/c/MLyRWsLHAdA/m/LaxgswS9CQAJ>
to those questions and provided clarifications about its use of additional
mechanisms to address those potential gaps, including CAPTCHA, email
address construction, and use of random values.

Based on this review of the public discussion, I do not believe there are
any open action items for ANF to complete under Steps 5-8 of the
application process.

This is notice that I am closing the public discussion period [Step 9] and
that it is Mozilla’s intent to approve ANF’s request for inclusion [Step
10].

This begins a 7-day “last call” period (through April 8, 2021) for any
final objections.

Thanks,

Ben

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 12:45 PM Pablo Díaz via dev-security-policy <