James Ross wrote:
JoeS wrote:
Unfortunately, if the user.js file is removed, the policy stays in effect. And where are the particulars of the policy stored, I don't see them anywhere. My point is, if I set a policy, how do I reverse or modify the policy, short of creating a new profile.

user.js defines prefs to *add* to the normal set on start. The actual prefs are saved in prefs.js (same/similar format). Any prefs you have had in user.js when starting will have been copied into prefs.js - you should just be able to remove them from prefs.js file.

HTH

Yes, removing the policy by editing prefs.js deactivates the policy, but when
the user.js gets copied to prefs.js
only the policy gets copied there. The details of the policy must be kept
somewhere else. What if I want to toggle
some of them. Where would they be found. You don't see them in about:config
either, unless I missed something.
JoeS