Gervase Markham wrote:
Ben Bucksch wrote:
In fact, I'm not sure there *can* be that kind of metadata. Anything that declares AOL or PayPal as "safe" is failure of the system :).
Really? I've never heard of either company stealing people's money.

You haven't listened very hard. PayPal has _definitely_ done this in the past. In fact, they've done it to me (randomly "lose" an account that had money in it). It wasn't a lot of money, but still...

Now this was a while back, and maybe they've reformed. I wouldn't know -- I refuse to use PayPal since then.

-Boris