On 04/11/2009 20:43, Paul van Brouwershaven wrote:
Florian Weimer schreef:
By the way, how did you obtain a copy of the certificate?
They certificate owner wanted a same certificate from an other CA because this
certificate has very
limited browser compatibility. (read supprot for mobile devices etc)

No other CA could deliver this certificate because the domain has not been
registererd. My client
forwarded the certificate to prove he really got this certificate from Comodo.

OK, so it's good to figure out all the facts before we jump to conclusions.

Why does the client want this certificate?  What is the use case here?

Does the domain exist "for him" and we just can't see it (I'm thinking some internal non-public internet sense here) ?

Or is this an "embarrassment exercise" ?

iang