On 11/5/09 5:16 AM, Paul van Brouwershaven wrote:
> What do you think of this certificate with the CN
> "owa.b3cables.co.uk\ ", again issued by Comodo.
>
> Serial: D2D0DAD5A1C3E785844AA3C72CA2B191
>
> Not in CRL number 2361 Last Update Nov  5 12:35:19 2009 GMT

CA's can prune expired certs from their CRLs to keep the size down. The
fact that it's not in a recent CRL doesn't tell whether it was or wasn't
in the past.

The extra space renders that domain unusable (in Firefox, at least) so
it's a bit of a self-limiting problem, but I wouldn't crucify a CA for a
trailing space issue. It's a bug they should fix, but let's stick to the
more substantive examples you raised.