* Kyle Hamilton:

> I'm more than happy to set a policy, then set a cut-off date, and then
> cut out all CAs that don't comply by that date.  Regardless of the
> "track record of not requiring DV", this is very much like the court
> system relying on precedent for some case and the
> legislature/executive being able to move to block it.

Sure, what would be needed to move in that direction?

It's probably not possible to require DV per se, but I would
appreciate if Mozilla could send a more consistent message regarding
domain ownership/control requirements.

I really don't understand what the CAs are doing here.  Are they
really issuing certs for seb.fin right now (brand picked arbitrarily,
but with non-obviousness in mind)?  The other side of the coin is that
Mozilla's unknown certificate UI was very bad in the 3.0 release, so I
can see why there's a business case for certs for not globally
existing domains.