On 2012-11-12 4:22 PM, Curtis Koenig wrote:
While it is concerning when users choose to resist change in
hazardous manners we cannot and should not halt forward movement due
to the real or perceived threat that some portion of the user base
will make ill conceived choices.

I cannot agree with this statement. To the contrary, I think it is *vital* that we give great weight to the possibility that "some portion of the user base will make ill-conceived choices" whenever we make a user-experience change. It is abundantly clear that people will choose the user experience they prefer over their actual security every single time, therefore we have a *moral responsibility* to deliver the actual security along with a user experience everyone prefers. If that means keeping bells and whistles around, then so be it.

Let me ask you (collectively): what would you accept as sufficient justification to revert the changes already made in bug 755593 and/or bug 755646?

zw